Thursday, April 27, 2017

We have NEWS. (Update: Actually, I just fell for an April fools joke...)


Warning: The following post has some minor spoilers about the next HTTYD film. Read at your own discretion.


DARN IT. THIS WHOLE NEWS ARTICLE WAS AN APRIL FOOLS JOKE THAT I CAME ACROSS LATE. WELL, YOU CAN NOW SEE WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SOMEONE FOOLS ME!

*Hyperventilates* Ok, I am just a little late on this, but we have some BIG news about the third film. First off, HTTYD 3 will not be one movie... it will be TWO. In some ways, I would be worried about this... but every time Dean has taken a risk, it has paid off. I think he is doing it so as to adequately close out the story, so I totally approve the direction he is going. Also, we have some details on what the first and second parts plots will be like. This is from the news article:

Plot-wise, Part 1 will function as a “political thriller of sorts,” with Hiccup and Toothless caught in the center of a worldwide struggle to unite humans and dragons as Drago’s influence continues to grow. Part 2 is, as Baruchel puts it, is “basically a war film,” with Hiccup and Toothless forced to make impossible decisions in order to save their respective species. As the films don’t follow the original books, Dean confirmed that Part 1 was designed as to have a natural end point that Part 2 can easily pick up from.
Not much else was spilled from either Dean or Baruchel, other than that the ongoing mystery behind the Night Furies will be resolved (Toothless’ love interest plays a role) and, yes, not everybody will live until the end. “It’s almost an understatement to say that both films will get pretty heavy at some points,” said Baruchel. “No spoilers here, but there are some characters that you guys know by name that will definitely bite the dust.” 
Following off that, Dean ended the surprise panel with this statement: “What we are emphasizing here is that we’ll be going quite a bit darker than even the second film. That’s not to say that the humor and wonder and warmth of these movies will go away, but there’s a more concerted effort among all of us to deliver a closing chapter worthy of the boldness, bravery, and unconventional spirit of this franchise. I can’t thank Arnold, DeFaria, and Langley enough for the opportunity to tell the story we want to tell and I can’t thank the fans enough for supporting this incredible world we’ve built over the past decade.”
I am amazed at where they are going with this. I mean, this series of films is totally growing up along with us! I can't WAIT to see how they tackle this finale. I thought the second was bold, and now I feel like anything can happen in the next... two... films! I also love the description of the first part. Drago's growing influence vs. Chief Hiccup and Alpha Toothless. Then that description of part two is so... intense. Sounds perfect to me! So, what do you guys think?

Part 1 will premier in 2019. Part two comes 2020. Ten years in the making, this will be a story for the ages!

STILL CAN'T BELIEVE I FELL FOR THIS XD

No comments:

Post a Comment