Saturday, March 26, 2016

Happy HTTYD Day (It's been SIX years people!)


The image you see above is the first image I saved to my computer that has anything to do with HTTYD. Talk about crazy... this thing is six years old! Today, as a way to commemorate six awesome years of HTTYD fans and fandom, I thought I'd show you some of my oldest stuff... my "firsts". So, if you want to see my earliest fan works, please click the "read more".

This beautiful painting was the first digital art piece I ever downloaded onto my computer. To this day it is still absolutely gorgeous.

The first HTTYD book I purchased was The Art Of How To Train Your Dragon. When I first saw it online, I wasn't even sure if I really wanted to spend the money on it, but boy was I satisfied. The book is gorgeous, and I still treasure it. It had so many insights into how the film was made, and (of course) so many examples of stunning artwork and design that went into the film.


This image is the first full color (ha, if you can call it that) HTTYD art piece that I ever did. I must say, it is funny to look back on this. I had practically no reference material at that time, so I'm not too upset with how it turned out. I can vaguely remember actually doing this painting. Wow, I feel old! I was fifteen back then.

As bonus, here are a few other really old art pieces that I did back in 2010. 


The first song I ever purchased on iTunes was Test Drive. It was the first portion of any soundtrack I had ever owned, and the rest of the soundtrack soon found itself on my computer. Forbidden Friendship became my unquestioned favorite after about three months, and it remains almost certainly my favorite song (It has somewhere in the neighborhood of 3,000 play throughs just on my laptop).

My first edit on the wiki was on November 24, 2010. It was on the Night Fury page. The description of the edit is "ears".


Ha, weirdly enough this is my first ever digital painting! I did this on our iPad (the orignal iPad) using my finger. It's a dragon from the HTTYD video game... which incidentally was the first video game I ever purchased. I didn't even have a Wii to play the game on back then, but I brought it to my friends house who had one, and that's how I got to play it.

So, that's a short list of my firsts. I'm sure I could list some more if I thought hard enough! But, I suppose this will suffice. I feel pretty sure I have shown some of this stuff before, but that's alright. After all, today is for remembering and going back over the six years we've had together as a fandom. I hope you've enjoyed it as much as I have! 6 years of HTTYD, and only two more years until the final chapter. It's been a crazy ride, and it is sure to get even crazier!

No comments:

Post a Comment