Thursday, July 30, 2015

HTTYD x 4!


So, yesterday was AWESOME. A theater in my area was showing HTTYD early in the morning. There was only one showing, so I was very lucky to catch it! Even though it wasn't in 3D... there really is nothing like watching movies on the big screen. I went that morning with my little bro (both of us sporting really cool HTTYD tee shirts) to the theater, and I watched HTTYD for the fourth time on the big screen! I really am surprised I learned about this single showing. A friend of mine told me about it almost a month ago, and then my little brother saw a flier and reminded me of it... so thanks very much to both of them!

It was beautiful... really it was. I do love that first movie so much. It is honestly kind of jolting to go back and see the world so different... see Hiccup and Toothless FIRST MEETING EACH OTHER. It is strange to see Stoick almost being the antagonist, to remember why Hiccup is so easy to relate to as the underdog, and to fall in love with Toothless all over again as he slowly opens up to the scrawny viking boy. I am totally willing to confess that I teared up in Forbidden Friendship... especially when Toothless first sits down by the drawing Hiccup. Also, the slight trembling in Hiccup's extended hand is just a gorgeous detail that isn't easy to see because it is so small, but rather noticeable in a theater! So, yeah, it was loads of fun! (Also, MAN, the leg-scene at the end of the movie is just heart-wrenchingly beautiful! Gah, who knew this series would be both happy and tragic!? The third one is going to kill me).

Sorry about my delay on the episode reviews. I should get back in the saddle before too long :)

No comments:

Post a Comment