Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Snow Toothless!



We had a heavy snowfall for where I live, so with it I and my brother (DsplashLink) decided to make a snow Toothless! Click the "read more" to see some more pictures.



The sculpture took the two of us working together over four hours to finish, but in the end it was worth it! As you can see from one of the photos, it was really quite sturdy. My little brother could sit on it. I'd say he was about 2/3 actual size, so it was a pretty big pile of snow by the end. We used coal for the eyes, but we couldn't manage to do good wings. I suppose I'll just have to call it an artistic limitation XD

I decided to put on a rather basic Hiccup cosplay and sit next to him. Unfortunately it was snowing pretty hard, so you might notice that my eyes were shut in the pictures. He looked best from the curled in side... because if seen from that angle it looked like he was looking inwards. This project was really fun to do, but also very new for me! We don't often get snow, and by the time we were done, my brother and I had extremely numb hands! 

I wish he stood out better. It is kinda hard to see him in the images. Still, I'm super proud of having gotten to finally sculpt a very large Toothless, and I'm thankful to my brother for his help. Pretty much all of the snow was shoveled up and carted to me by him. He kindly let me do most of the sculpting, and in the end I am happy with what we came out with. Hopefully he won't melt too soon...

So, yep, that was a fun way to spend the afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment