Sunday, October 5, 2014

Sleepy Companions (line art)


This is a little art piece I did over an afternoon. No, the above image isn't the whole thing; it's sort of a preview. Click the read more to see the whole thing... Oh, and Hiccup and Toothless are not the only companions who are sleepy in this line art :)




I did this Sunday afternoon! It is a picture of Hiccup, Toothless, Link and Midna resting together somewhere in the wilderness... probably after a long day of running from those who would do them harm. I may color it during fall break. Probably just basic coloring, nothing special, but something to make it look nice. Midna is very colorful, as is Link, so when you add them to Hiccup and Toothless it lets me get a bigger variety of color than I'd usually have!

This is pretty much just head canon stuff, no real context to it! Who knows, it could happen in Dsplash, but it isn't like I'm planning on it. What I actually wanted to do was make a cute scene between Hiccup and Toothless sleeping, and I also wanted to do another Midna fan piece sometime soon. Then it struck me, if all these characters were traveling together as companions (which they totally could! I don't know if this is supposed to be Dsplash or not, but a Link/Httyd crossover just works!) and they decided to stop to sleep, they'd all be exhausted from the travel, but at the same time they wouldn't sleep in their equipment! So, this also sorta came from the fact that I wanted to draw Midna without her helmet on. You only see her without it once in the game, but she looks really weird without it because her orange hair sticks up so far! So, I decide I wanted a charming picture of the characters resting, but I also wanted to celebrate all the equipment we always see these characters in… by showing what they look like without it! Link isn't even wearing his hat! And I took a guess at what the clothes under Hiccup's armor might look like…

Anyway, hope you like it! I do want to color it. Not sure whether I'll get time to or not. By the way, Midna yawns ALL THE TIME in Twilight Princess so I felt it would be totally out of character (OOC) for me not to have her doing that.

Hope you like it! I kinda do. Lots of different characters to draw! I'm actually kinda happy with my current ability to create crossover line arts, so it has become something that is really fun to do while I'm doing it, while I'm dreaming them up, and it is even pretty satisfying to look at afterwards. I know it isn't a great piece of art… but it was fun to do, and I'd love to see a scenario of these four just dropping to the ground to sleep off their exhaustion. My always thinking of Link as Hiccup's adopted brother helps, I suppose!



No comments:

Post a Comment