Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Man... This is so cool.


This is an art piece that Dean Deblois drew! It is currently for sale online at the site linked here.

The only catch is that it is very expensive! I could buy it... I have enough, but I don't feel good spending the money on myself. Out of all the HTTYD merchandise out there, though, this is the bit I would like the most. It is 125$... and I wish I could get it for my birthday, or get people to pitch in on it so I wouldn't feel bad about purchasing it myself. I just don't know... I mean, COME ON, it is profession art by the director himself, and it looks fabulous! It'd be such a grown up HTTYD thing to get, too...

I really love it mostly because Dean did it, and he knows so well (better than anyone, I suppose) how to convey the feelings and essence of HTTYD. This one is so particularly fantastic in that it shows the calm beauty of Hiccup and Toothless's friendship. That calm, brotherly sort of kindness and love that makes them able to enjoy even the simplest things together. So, the fact that this drawing is so pretty (it is artistically really neat in and of itself) AND the fact that it was actually drawn by the man responsible for making HTTYD such an incredible, inspiring, and heartwarming tale drew it... well that makes it even cooler! 

Not sure if I'll decide to buy this or not... but I'd really like to!

No comments:

Post a Comment