Sunday, March 23, 2014

Thanks... I guess. I'm so torn!


Well... I'm really not sure what to do with this post or this toy!!! Ugh. Ick. Ack. Well, a very good friend of mine (who is fully aware of my Skrillapobia and the reasons behind it) kindly bought me the Skrill action figure. Now, on the one hand this is AWESOME! These are hard, hard, HARD to find online and they are priced at up to sixty dollars. So, unless you luck out and come across one in a store, you really can't get your hands on them. On the other hand, well...

When he handed it to me, I imagine he couldn't tell, but my hand was shaking like crazy. Even I did not expect that! My stomach sank and my legs felt watery. It just felt wrong to be holding a physical manifestation of a creature who has quite personally attacked me in my dreams and pulled me to bits and then eaten those bits. As if the fact that this dragon attacked Hiccup in that one harrowing story wasn't enough, it wound up haunting me! So, now I could go and write a review of it, and I will say it is one of the best DoB toys I've seen, but I don't really feel up to investigating it. The question becomes... where on earth can I put this thing? I don't want to look at it every time I go into my room. I mean, ughhhhhhh... my hand was shaking when I was trying to take these pictures. How can a hunk of plastic invoke such ridiculously paranoid emotions?

Well... I have found a place for it: under the bed. Seems poetic. That way I can't see it, but I know it's there. I'm glad my Night Fury figures out number this Skrill by about twenty to one... but still.

Thanks to the guy who got this for me... I guess. My voice trembled when I tried to thank him in person. Shoot, I really thought I would be able to hold it together. It's just an imaginary dragon after all!


No comments:

Post a Comment