Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Actually, a really decent toy!

Ok, I collect a lot of Toothlesses just because they are kinda neat to scatter around the my room. Sadly, aside from the chibi ones that came out with DoB (which are neat just because of the art style) most of them are not as accurate as I would like. I mean, I wouldn't let go of them for anything, but I just am usually not blown away. This Toothless figure, however, actually shocked me with it's play value!


It is nicely detailed, fairly well painted, and adequately cute. The size is convenient too! His wing finger count is off, but the head spike count and tail finger count is correct. His head can cock to the side, and that is always nice. But the best thing was actually the action/play feature! This is the Spinning Tail Toothless toy! Spinning tail? Yep. You wind the thing up, and the the front side of the body spins really, really smoothly! It looks very much like the dragon is pulling off aa Night Fury-esque cork-screw. I was really pleased. Of course... his tail doesn't spin (which is not exactly anatomically correct) but that bit of him is hidden well within my hand when I play around with it. It's surprisingly fun! I usually just collect the Toothless toys to be show pieces, just little figurines, but this one is really fun to mess around with. I would HIGHLY recomend it for younger dragon fans. Seriously, if you know a little boy or girl who is into the film or series or second film (smart kid) who has a bday coming up, I would like to suggest this as as a gift! It's fun, and a real treat if you happen to be fond of Toothless.

Hope you find this review at least remotely interesting. Not my deepest post. Maybe I'm just in a good mood, but this toy struck me as being a quality piece of HTTYD merchandise.

*General Grievous Voice* Another Toothless to my collection (ick, yes, I just did a parity quote of the prequel trilogy. *washes out mouth*). *Hiccup voice* Oh, well, there's that warm, fuzzy feeling I was looking for. Sorry, I've got less than wonderful feelings towards the prequel trilogy!

No comments:

Post a Comment