Sunday, September 22, 2013

Stoick's newspaper

I know, I'm not that active in contributing on this blog, but today I want to share with you something really interesting about the newest episode "Defenders of Berk - Live and let fly".
It appeared a bit strange to me, that our most favorite vikings happen to read newspaper, but anyway. I was curious about what it would contain.


Now what would you think? Something about a big fishing tournament? News about dragons? I tell you... It's way more than that! Here is what it says:

"Four score and seven years ago
our family brought farth on this continent
a new nation conceived in liberty
and dedicated to the proposition
that all men are created equal.

It is rather for us to be here dedicated
to the great task remaining before us

that from these honored dead we take
increased devotion to that cause for

which they gave the last full measure
of devotion that we here highly
resolve that these dead shall
not have died in vain that this
nation under God, shall have

a new birth of freedom and
that government of the people
by the people for the people
shall not perish from the earth"

Have you noticed it? Well I hadn't. I decyphered the whole bold part of it on my own, but then it became a lot harder, so I fed Google with it. Turned out, that is the "Gettysburg address". I was like... "Okay... Well... Who cares" but when I sent my thoughts on the episode to Toothless and mentioned that, he replied, that it is one of the most famous american speeches ever! That's great, isn't it?

1 comment:

  1. WHAT?! What?!!??....What? Anyaway..it sounds like a hidden reference/4th wall breaker to me! AWESOME! :D

    ReplyDelete