Wednesday, August 28, 2013

So... my Writing class is fun!

Wow! I go into a college writing class, sit down, and the teacher tells us we have to write a five paragraph thesis during class. Everyone sighs, but I am remotely hopeful. Maybe this will not be that bad. Then the teacher gives us our topic:

Pick your favorite movie, book, or tv series, and then tell us why you like it...


HTTYD! Yes! How cool is it that I am writing papers on HTTYD in college!? The fifty minutes we were given to write were SO not enough! I was honestly sort of like, "Darn. Five paragraphs? Where to start?! Couldn't I just send he a link to my analysis blog?" Still, I was very happy with what I wrote, and I couldn't believe that my first college paper would be on this movie that I love so much!

Then when we got done, I thought it couldn't get any better. BUT I was wrong. She then went around the room and asked us what the last thing each of us wrote was (before this essay) and whether we thought we were good writers or not. When she got to me, I said, "Um... a 12 page fan fiction.."

She says, "WOW! You write fan fictions? Me too. What was it on?"

Me, "Eh.. (must confess I felt a little awkward) a big crossover roleplay that I designed."

Her, "Wow. That's great!"

So now I am pretty excited about my writing class! I am considering sending my teacher links to my blogs and short stories. WOW! That was fun! My writing teacher said that writing fan fictions was great! First person I've met in person to ever tell me that! The rest tell me I'm wasting time.

And my answer to her question of whether I thought I was a good writer: "I do it for fun, I really enjoy it, some other people have enjoyed it, but honestly when I see other people I would say that I am not yet a good writer. I have lots to learn, but I am asking advice, and I am having a great time doing it!"

No comments:

Post a Comment